INFORMATION AND PARTICIPATION RULES
CYCLE for FUN – Forest Tour
- Belogradchik, Vidin, May 23rd 2019 -
CYCLE for FUN - Forest is a route in the heart of the forest, designated for nature lovers, amateur and professional cyclists of medium and advanced level, who want to test their skills on two wheels, in a wonderful natural setting, in the Belogradchik area, where we can find some of the most spectacular landscapes in Europe.
We are waiting for you in a unique natural setting to cross the MTB route through the stone forest from south of Danube. Belogradchik is famous for its landscape of rocks eroded by wind and precipitation, formed 230 million years ago.
Considered some of the Natural Wonders of the World, the rocks cover an area of 598.7 ha and stretch for a length of 30 km. The rocks have a height that varies between 230 and 620 m above sea level.
The inhabitants of Belogradchik gave some special names to the rocks with different shapes, for example: Adam and Eve, the Lion, the Monk, the Rider, the Bear, etc.
The start of the adventure on 2 wheels will be given from Madonna Inn, at 10:30 AM, starting with the technical meeting, followed by the START of cycling through the forest.
This event is not a competition! CYCLE for FUN - Forest Tour is a sports event without registration costs, intended for a limited number of participants.
For more details about the event please read ROUTE INFORMATION, Official Rules and Recommendations.
Place and duration of the event
Route type: MTB
Training level: medium | advanced
Details about the route: https://www.danubeon2wheels.eu/trasee/traseu-belogradchik
The CYCLE for FUN - Forest Tour route is accessible to almost anyone, but it is recommended to train ahead - at least three longer outings on rough terrain (rough road, dirt, forest roads, trails, etc.). Greater care in hydration, nutrition and minimum equipment is also recommended for any cyclist (read the sections Official Regulations and Recommendations).
The cycling route is in a natural setting, it will take place on rough terrain (earth, grass, rubble). The organizers will be permanently throughout the event, on the route, with the group of participants, through the route coordinators, before and behind the group, also following that a car of the organizers will be in its presence, as long as there are participants who need assistance.
Within the available stock, the organizer can make MTB bikes available to participants. To request an equipment, please tick in the application whether or not you own an MTB bike.
By organizing this event we want:
- encouraging a healthy lifestyle by practicing outdoor sports, being an event that brings together amateurs and professionals in different categories;
- promoting the route and the natural area of Belogradchik;
- promoting the use of the bicycle to the detriment of the car.
For the conditions to be met, please read the Recommendations and Official Regulations sections on the site.
Details about the route will be posted as we approach the date of the event. The map is given in general terms. The route will be presented to the participants shortly before the event, in order to know as accurately as possible the weather conditions for that day.
The organizer reserves the right to change any of the details and conditions set out in this information about the route, before and during the event, for good reasons, such as adverse weather conditions, but not before notifying those registered about these changes.
IMPORTANT: In order to participate, participants must read carefully, understand and agree with all the conditions presented below, in order to benefit from this tourist package.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
Who can participate
The minimum age for participation in the CYCLE for FUN - Forest Tour is 18 years old, except for young people aged between 14 and 17, accompanied by a parent / guardian throughout the route.
Each participant assumes full responsibility for his or her health. Any participant must show fair play throughout the event.
* Age is considered at the time of registration.
The registration process
Registration is exclusively online, by completing the attached Registration Application, until Wednesday, May 20th 2019, at 23:59. Careful! The number of participants is limited! Only 30 people can take part in the CYCLE for FUN adventure!
No other registrations on the spot will be made in the day of the event. If for a good reason, the person registered online wants to cancel their registration or give up their place, they can do so by writing an e-mail with this request and sent it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The registered persons will use, free of charge, the Organizer's equipment, within the stock available for the event, which will be given in the order of registration applications - "First came, first served". The delivery of the equipment will be done at the meeting point in the parking lot behind the Nautical Base, with the mention that the parents / personal assistants assume the responsibility of taking care to hand over the equipment in the initial state as assigned to it. After the event, all equipment will be handed over at the meeting point set by the Organizer on that day.
For this event, the Organizer will provide specific equipment for all participants.
The participation kit will be offered free of charge, within the available promotional stock, allocated for this event. The kit contains: backpack, T-shirt, hat, keychain, USB stick, diary and pen. A total of 30 kits will be offered.
The participation kit will be picked up on the day of the event, based on the identity card of the personal assistant/parent. When picking up the kits, the Declaration on one's own responsibility (default form) is signed, which can be printed on the site or can be filled in on the spot.
Organizer of the event CYCLE for FUN - Forest Tour
AISSER Calarasi Association, headquartered in Republicii Blvd., no. 50B, CUI: 29257763
The organizer reserves the right to change any of the conditions set out in this Regulation, before and during the event, for good reasons, but not before notifying participants of such changes.
Place and time of the event
CYCLE for FUN - Forest Tour is an off-road cycling event, in a special natural setting, which will take place on May 23rd. The event will start at 10:30, in the area of the Nautical Base. The meeting point is the Madonna Inn from Falkovets. Participants are expected at the meeting point from 9:30 to 10:30. Anyone who arrives at the meeting point after 10:30 will no longer be able to participate in the CYCLE for FUN - Forest Tour event.
Conditions for participation
Participants under the age of 18 will present on the day of picking up the participant kit the Declaration of responsibility for minors (except for those accompanied by a parent / guardian). Those over the age of 18 must present, at the time of picking up the kit, the Declaration on their own responsibility or sign it on the spot and present an identity card valid on the date of the event.
Each participant assumes full responsibility for his or her health. Also, all participants must show fair play throughout the event.
• Cycling helmet is MANDATORY throughout the route;
• Only mountain bikes with 26, 27.5 or 29 wheels, in good working order, will be allowed;
• Personal bicycles used must be propelled only by human force;
• Competitors can repair or replace any part except the frame. Changing the bike is not allowed, participants must travel the entire route with the same frame;
• In case of a breakdown, malfunction or a stop, the participant is obliged to clear the route to avoid injuries and to solve the problem in a safe place, being assisted by a representative of the organizer. During the event, participants will be provided with safety and technical equipment for repairing bicycles;
• Those who have chosen to receive an MTB bike from the organizer to use it only during the event, will receive the equipment at the meeting point, and will test the assigned bike before the start and make the necessary settings only in the presence of a representative the organizer, at the technical meeting.
Use of the Organizer's equipment
Those who do not own a bicycle can opt for the use, free of charge, of the organizer's equipment, within the stock available for the event, which will be given in the order of registration applications - "First come, first served". The delivery of the equipment will be made at the meeting point established by the organizer in the parking lot at the Madonna Inn from Falkovets, based on a Minute of delivery - receipt, stating that it assumes responsibility to take care of handing over the equipment. After the event, all bicycles will be handed over at the meeting point set by the Organizer on that day.
• Water cans (preferably to be fixed at hand), or backpack with hydration kit included;
• Equipment specific to the activity carried out;
• Cycling gloves and trousers are part of the recommended equipment;
• Mobile phone.
Online registration is open until Wednesday, May 8, 2019, at 23:59. Those interested in participating must complete the application form. The first 30 people will take part in the MTB adventure, the principle chosen being "First come, first served", within the available places.
The event CYCLE for FUN - Forest Tour can be attended by a total number of maximum 30 people, according to the project "Danube on 2 wheels".
There are no registration fees! Participation in the event is FREE!
Lifting participation kits
The participation kit will be offered free of charge, within the available promotional stock, allocated for this event. The kit contains: backpack, T-shirt, hat, keychain, USB stick, diary and pen. A total of 30 kits will be awarded.
The participation kit will be picked up on the day of the event, based on the identity card. When picking up the kits, the Declaration on one's own general responsibility (default form) is signed, which can be printed on the site or can be completed on the spot.
The statement can be downloaded on website or can be asked on spot, in the day of the event.
Meeting point and time with the participants: in the parking at the Madonna Inn from Falkovets, at 10:30, when a Technical Meeting will be organized before the Start.
The route is recommended only for well-trained cyclists, the degree of difficulty being medium - advanced!
The organizer will be permanently throughout the event, on the route, with the group of participants, through the route coordinators, before and behind the group, also following a car of the organizer to be in his presence, to provide assistance, in the extent to which there are participants requesting transport.
Before the START, the technical meeting will be organized to provide details to the participants about the route, organization, hydration / supply point (camping area), as well as the regulations of the event. At the same time, on this occasion, a training will be given to the people who have chosen to use the Organizer's bikes, they will be tested, and they will be prepared individually according to the needs of each participant.
Weather: Due to weather conditions, it may be necessary to partially or completely change the route to be travelled for your safety. These changes will be made by mutual agreement, with the explanation of all variants, but the Organizer will be the one who will make the final decision.
Organizer's instructions: All the Organizer's instructions will be followed exactly without comments, without trying to influence his decisions.
Do not leave the group unless you inform your group leader. Do not deviate at all from the collective route. Keep a minimum distance of 2 meters and a maximum of 3 meters between you. Keep up with the one in front. Do not take sedatives.
Help with all your strength and skill those in difficulty, do not abandon those who are unable to move, call (announce) the Organizer on the spot. For any emergency, call 112.
Withdrawal from the adventure
The organizer reserves the right to stop a participant in the following cases:
• he/she got injured and his/her condition no longer allows him/her to continue the route;
• in exceptional cases.
Other people and domestic/ wild animals can be found on the route. This entails for the participants the obligation to be prudent and to respect the rules of civic conduct, as the case may be. Any accident in which the participants are involved, occurred during the route, due to non-compliance with the rules of the Organizer and the rules of civic conduct, will be the responsibility of those involved in the accident.
Participants are responsible for participating in the adventure, the Organizer does not assume any obligation in case any of them are injured or other consequences that may occur due to participation.
The Organizer does not assume responsibility for objects lost or forgotten on the cycling route during the adventure.
• provides the participation kit for cyclists;
• ensures the route, through the presence of its representatives throughout the event. There will be route coordinators, who will be permanently in front of and behind the group of cyclists. At the same time, in order to provide assistance along the route, a car of the Organizer will be behind the group of cyclists throughout the route;
• ensures the camping point (rehydration / supply / equipment check);
• provides promotional products for participants;
• ensures safety on the route;
• provides photos during the event;
• ensures the performance of the technical meeting before the event;
The organizer is exonerated from liability if during the route, the participants are injured. At the same time, in unfavourable weather conditions, the Organizer may decide to stop / postpone / cancel the event.
• all participants take part in the adventure on 2 wheels at their own risk;
• participants undertake to present an identity document when picking up the kit and validating the registration;
• each participant is obliged to follow the instructions of the route coordinators. In places where they are not, be careful and do not shorten the route, follow the following rules:
- when overtaking, each participant has the duty to notify the cyclist in front of the part he will overtake;
- the cyclist in front, on the narrow path, has the obligation not to harass him and to allow him to overtake the one in the back, if he is faster;
• the cyclist who suffers an accident or any kind of material damage (bicycle, other equipment), cannot claim moral or material damages and waives by the very registration of the event any right to claim further compensation;
• competitors must know the Regulation and participate in the Technical Meeting, to carefully consider the information announced by the organizers in the technical meeting, when the official details will be announced, even if they are not drafted in this Regulation;
• in case of an accident, the participants are obliged to report it to the route coordinator near them;
• cyclists are obliged to comply with the rules of environmental protection;
• participants are obliged to protect / avoid any spectators or citizens who accidentally arrive on the route;
• the participants will be fed by the team staff members only at the feeding point established on the route.
Cancellation of the adventure in nature
The Organizer reserves the right to change the location of the adventure at any time, with the obligation to notify changes in advance.
The Organizer reserves the right to cancel/ postpone the scheduled adventure in exceptional cases, provided that all participants are notified in advance. In case of unfavourable weather conditions and/ or other special conditions, the Organizer reserves the right to stop the adventure or to change the time barriers.
In case of force majeure, we understand the events that could influence the good development of the adventure, such as: major floods, natural disasters or major events that cause the Organizer to cancel the scheduled adventure.
Conditions that attract removal from the event
• failure to cover the route together with the group of participants;
• not using the helmet during the route;
• behaviour without Fair Play and trivial language towards participants, organizers or spectators (insulting, pushing cyclists, teasing, etc.);
• the use of off-road aids (the use of motor vehicles or motorcycles, etc., other vehicles than the Organizer's);
• changing the bike during the route;
• abandonment of packaging or other waste along the way. They can only be left at the feeding point and in the Start / Arrival area.
If the organization of CYCLE for FUN - Forest Tour is hampered by force majeure or adverse weather events, the Organizer reserves the right to decide, as appropriate, to postpone / stop / extend the event or change the route.
The organizer reserves the right to amend these Regulations whenever necessary. These possible changes will be published on the official website of the project - www.danubeon2wheels.eu.
By registering for the event, the participants declare that they agree with the processing of personal data by the Organizer, as well as with the participation in the event, this implies the acceptance and consent of the participants to have their personal data stored and processed by AISSER Association for the purpose of organizing the event and the communication of useful information, as well as, during and after it, in order to promote the event and the project "Danube on 2 wheels", in which it takes place.